Hero Image

How To Join

Age Eligibility

Youth are eligible to participate in 4-H clubs as primary members if they are five years old or in kindergarten as of January 1 of the program year.  Youth enroll as regular members once they are nine years old or entering 4th grade by January 1 of the program year.  (For home schooled kids, go by age.)  For most clubs in Imperial County, the new program year begins in September.  Youth remain eligible for membership until December 31 of the year in which they turn 19 years old.


The Imperial County 4-H Enrollment fee is $58.00 for youth and $24.00 for adult leaders/volunteers.  This annual statewide program fee is utilized to train volunteers, support the development of new educational materials, and cover the cost of insurance.

The 4-H Program is dedicated to being available to all youth. If you would like to joint the 4-H Program but cannot afford the program fee, you may be able to join at a reduced cost or no cost at all. To do so, fill out and submit a  Request for 4-H Program Fee Waiver/Reduction  to your Club Leader. Are you an Imperial Valley Housing Authority Tenant? If so, you are eligible for additional assistance. Contact your Occupational Specialist for more details.

Money may be collected at the club level to cover the costs of project materials and 4-H events.  The 4-H member must receive fair value in goods and /or services for any money collected.  To prevent misunderstandings, it is a good idea for a parent/guardian to stay informed about any 4-H work that requires funds from a member.  Local clubs raise money in various ways, but 4-H policy forbids gambling, wagering, or raffles of any kind.


4-H accident and illness insurance is mandatory and included in the cost of enrollment.  The Community Leader in your club can tell you about this insurance and provide an informational leaflet.  The leaflet explains what medical costs are covered in case of any accident or illness that occurs during any 4-H work or while traveling to or from official 4-H meetings and events.

Enrollment Deadlines

Enrollment is open throughout the 4-H program year, which begins on July 1st and ends on June 30th. However, deadlines may be set by clubs or by the county in order to participate in certain activities. To participate in the California Mid-Winter Fair & Fiesta (the main event for most animal projects), February 28 - March 8, 2020 members must be enrolled by November 4, 2019. This decision was made by Imperial County Leaders' Council Vote on May 29, 2019.


Ready to sign up? The process is as easy as

1, 2, 3:

Step 1: Choose a 4-H Club

There are 15 active 4-H Clubs across Imperial County, each with their own unique offerings. View the information below to choose a club, and contact the one that best fits your needs to begin the process.

 4-H Clubs have no affiliation with cities, school districts, nor with any religious or political organizations. The meeting place for each club is chosen based on convenience, and you are welcome to join any Club that appears to fit your family's needs.

Club Meeting Location Meeting Schedule Popular Projects

Enrollment Contact

Calipatria 4-H Club Calipatria High School Board Room
 TBD -  Sheep
 Feeder Calves 

 Angelita Ortiz

Calexico 4-H Club Calexico High School Cafeteria 2nd Monday of the month  


Shanda Arreola
Dogwood 4-H Club  Heber Public Utility District 3rd Monday of the month  

Contact the 4-H Office:      442-265-7704    jlgarcia@ucanr.edu

Holtville 4-H Club Finley Cafeteria
2nd Monday of Every Month, 6pm  All Animal Projects

 Shannon Magana

McCabe 4-H Club Corfman Auditorium
El Centro 
3rd Tuesday of Every Month, 7pm  

 Marci Hulsey

M&M 4-H Club Sacred Heart Church, Brawley  2nd Monday of Every Month, 6:00pm  None Specified

 Contact the 4-H Office:

Mt Signal 4-H 

Farm Bureau
1000 Broadway     El Centro  or IVEXPO 

2nd Tuesday of Every Month - 7:00pm  Swine 

 Kelly Jackson

Magnolia 4-H Club Stockmen's Club of Imperial Valley
2nd Tuesday of Every Month, 6pm  


Kari Smelser



Meadows 4-H Club

Farm Bureau
1000 Broadway Imperial 

3rd Monday of Every Month, 6:30pm  Swine 

Contact the 4-H Office:



Mulberry 4-H Club Mulberry School
2nd Monday of Every Month, 6pm  

Contact the 4-H Office:



Seeley 4-H Club Imperial County Farm Bureau 2nd Monday of Every Month  

Contact the 4-H Office:



Southwest Valley 4-H Club  Ben Hulse School
2nd Tuesday of Every Month, 7pm Livestock & Still Life Projects

Wendy Wilson

Star Route 4-H Club

Farm Credit Ag Center
485 Business Way Imperial 

2nd Tuesday of Every Month - 6pm
(Rescheduled as Necessary) 

Contact the 4-H Office:




Verde 4-H Club St. Paul's Lutheran Church
458 Chestnut Ave, Holtville 

2nd Monday of Every Month, 6:30pm

Boys & Girls Cooking
Arts & Crafts
Animal Projects

Contact the 4-H Office:

Westmorland 4-H Club Westmorland Fire Department
210 W Main St Westmorland
2nd Tuesday of Every Month, 6:00pm  

Tina Cruz




Step 2: Submit Paperwork

Once you have chosen a club and are in contact with your Club Community Leader, you will need to give him or her your enrollment paperwork.

Your enrollment paperwork includes two (2) important parts:

  1. Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement
    -This paperwork must be submitted to the County Office. 
  2. Medical Release Form (Your or Adult version) and Health History Information
    -This paperwork must be kept by your 4-H Leaders. 

Step 3: Submit Online Enrollment

To complete the process, visit california.4honline.com to submit your online enrollment.

While completing your online enrollment, here are a few things to remember:

  • Before you enter a club, you need to make sure the club leader knows you and that you have submitted all your paperwork. The leader will need to confirm you online, and can't do that if he/she doesn't know who you are and have all your paperwork.
  • Be sure you are enrolled in all the projects you plan to participate in. You can change this at any time during the year. As long as your are enrolled in 4-H by November 6th, you are eligible to show any project at the California Mid-Winter Fair & Fiesta (as long as you meet age requirements). Keeping your enrolled projects current makes it easier to contact you about projects you are participating in.
  • Once you set up a family account, it is always there, even if you change clubs. If you can't remember the account information or password, please use the "Forgot your Password" link or contact the 4-H Office at 442-265-7700.