The 4-H program has a long history of record keeping. The focus reflects the importance of this life skill in our daily lives. In 4-H, young people have tracked their activities, events, profits and losses, skill development and learning experiences, and much more using the iconic 4-H Record Book. In addition to record keeping, the 4-H Record Book gives members an opportunity to reflect on their year, measure their achievements and growth, and set goals, and develop plans to meet those goals.
4-H members have two options for preparing their record book:
- The traditional way, using hand written or computer edited forms (downloads available below); or
- Online, using the new Online Record Book (ORB) (links available below)
Imperial County Record Book Judging will take place on June 16, 2018. Your Club Community Leader may have a book submission deadline sooner than this date, so please contact him or her to make sure you get your book turned in on time. Emerald Star Projects and Scholarship Applications are also due at this time.
To get started, please see the sections below. Click here for a few other tips and notes on preparing your record book.
Use the Online Record Book (ORB)
ORB is a good choice if the following is true for you:
- A leader did not go in and enroll your family for you – A member of your family signed up at california.4honline.com, and you know your own account information.
- You have an internet connection.
- You would rather have everything on a website than have to save it on your computer.
- Go to california.4honline.com, log-in to your family account, and on the first screen that appears, click where it says "Change Youth Password for Recordbooks."
- Go to 4horb.ucanr.edu and click "Youth Login" using the newly created youth password, or "Adult Login" using the same information you normally use for 4honline.
Once you are in, many people find it easy to just jump in and get started. For in-depth training on ORB, click on the links below to view four recorded webinars (each about 1 hour long) that discuss many of the site's features.
- Introduction & Logging In
- Paver vs. Electric: Navigating the Forms in the ORB: PDR, APR, Story
- Youth Functions, Forms & Privacy Settings
- Project & Club Leader Functions & Approving Forms
- ORB is still in development, and some features may have changed since the webinars took place in late February.
- When all your information has been put into ORB, you can print a record book that is mostly identical to what you get by filling in forms. An exception to this is the collection of 4-H Work, and any county-specific forms. Download links are available on the right; please add these to your record book where applicable.
Download Record Book Forms
Imperial County Special Achievement Award Form
Personal Development Report
Annual Project Report
Imperial County Feed Efficiency Record
Jr Teen Leadership Report
Imperial County Comittee Chairman Report
PDF Format (.pdf) - Download, print, and complete by hand:
Imperial County Record Book Award Application
Primary Members - Click Here